COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Wear a mask at all times in our school. Those not properly wearing masks and/or those showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent out of our school immediately. We ask that anyone entering our space self-screen for COVID-19 before each entry using the WECDSB Screening Questionnaire. Food or drink are not permitted in our school.
- Arrive on-time with the appropriate materials.
- Sanitize your hands at the school upon entry.
- Use the appropriate school entrance and exit (as labeled).
- Food or drink are not permitted in our school.
- Avoid touching your face during the lesson, don’t physically touch your teacher. Cough/sneeze with your mask on, into your arm.
- Please use our washroom before or after your lesson.
- Please be available to pick up your child immediately at any point during their lesson. Children are not permitted to wait inside the school before/after their lesson.
- One extra person is permitted to enter the school for the duration of the lesson along with the student, as necessary, however, it is encouraged for caregivers to drop off/pick up outside of the school.
- Caregivers are not permitted to enter the lesson room due to spatial constraints. Please speak to our front desk for special accommodations as necessary.
- The first and last few moments of the lesson are reserved for a parent update, you may come into the school to speak to the teacher at this time.
- Send students who are not following policies out of the school and notify the front desk.
- Stay home if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow general social distancing and mask-wearing protocol.
- Wash or sanitize hands regularly in between lessons
- Sanitize the following in between lessons: shared instruments and accessories (including drumsticks, keyboards, music stands, etc), electronic devices, doorknobs
- Ensure students remain in the lesson room for the full 25 minutes. Manage bathroom breaks to be either before or after their lesson.
Our School & Front Desk:
- In the case of a public health-related stop to in-school lessons, all lessons will move automatically to virtual. Should a student wish to stop lessons in this instance, credits for unused paid lessons will be issued beginning on either the date notice is given, or the date the stop to in-school lessons occurs, whichever comes second.
- We hold a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in-school regarding mask-wearing and showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- To support successful case and contact management, we will ensure to hold records of student attendance.
- In the event that a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit will manage all of the contact tracing, with support from our school.
- We will notify our clients and teachers of an outbreak or any known cases within our school community.
- We sanitize as often as necessary: front desk area & all electronics, waiting area chairs, entryway doors, bathroom.