COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Wear a mask at all times in our school. Those not properly wearing masks and/or those showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent out of our school immediately. We ask that anyone entering our space self-screen for COVID-19 before each entry using the WECDSB Screening Questionnaire. Food or drink are not permitted in our school.
- Arrive on-time with the appropriate materials.
- Sanitize your hands at the school upon entry.
- Use the appropriate school entrance and exit (as labeled).
- Food or drink are not permitted in our school.
- Avoid touching your face during the lesson, don’t physically touch your teacher. Cough/sneeze with your mask on, into your arm.
- Please use our washroom before or after your lesson.
- Please be available to pick up your child immediately at any point during their lesson. Children are not permitted to wait inside the school before/after their lesson.
- One extra person is permitted to enter the school for the duration of the lesson along with the student, as necessary, however, it is encouraged for caregivers to drop off/pick up outside of the school.
- Caregivers are not permitted to enter the lesson room due to spatial constraints. Please speak to our front desk for special accommodations as necessary.
- The first and last few moments of the lesson are reserved for a parent update, you may come into the school to speak to the teacher at this time.
- Send students who are not following policies out of the school and notify the front desk.
- Stay home if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow general social distancing and mask-wearing protocol.
- Wash or sanitize hands regularly in between lessons
- Sanitize the following in between lessons: shared instruments and accessories (including drumsticks, keyboards, music stands, etc), electronic devices, doorknobs
- Ensure students remain in the lesson room for the full 25 minutes. Manage bathroom breaks to be either before or after their lesson.
Our School & Front Desk:
- In the case of a public health-related stop to in-school lessons, all lessons will move automatically to virtual.
- We hold a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in-school regarding mask-wearing and showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- To support successful case and contact management, we will ensure to hold records of student attendance.
- In the event that a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit will manage all of the contact tracing, with support from our school.
- We will notify our clients and teachers of an outbreak or any known cases within our school community.
- We sanitize as often as necessary: front desk area & all electronics, waiting area chairs, entryway doors, bathroom.