COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Our Health and Safety Policy is supported by current information on prevention & risk of COVID-19 provided by Government of Canada and the WECHU. Our school values mutual respect and choice. Our teachers are vaccinated. Those not following this policy are subject to temporary or permanent removal from the school.
- Use the appropriate school entrance and exit (as labeled).
- Sanitize your hands upon entry.
- Stay home if you are sick, symptomatic, or needing to self-isolate.
- Wear a mask at all times in our school.
- Follow general social distancing and sanitizing protocols.
- Food or drinks are not permitted in our school.
- Stay home if you are sick, symptomatic, or needing to self-isolate. In such cases, a virtual lesson is available during your regular lesson time if possible.
- Avoid touching your face during the lesson, don’t physically touch your teacher. Cough/sneeze with your mask on, into your arm.
- Do not open our main door without a mask on.
- Children are not permitted to wait inside the school for longer than 5 minutes before or after their lesson.
- One extra person is permitted to enter the school for the duration of the lesson along with the student, as necessary, however, it is encouraged for caregivers to drop off/pick up outside of the school.
- Caregivers are not permitted to enter the lesson room due to spatial constraints.
- The first and last few moments of the lesson are reserved for a parent update, you may come into the school to speak to the teacher at this time.
Our Teachers & Front Desk:
- Send students who are not following policies out of the school.
- Stay home if sick, symptomatic, or needing to self-isolate.
- Follow general social distancing, sanitizing and mask-wearing protocol.
- To support successful case and contact management, we hold records of student attendance.
- We will notify our school community of an outbreak or any known cases within the school.
- In the case of a public health-related stop to in-school lessons, all lessons will move automatically to virtual.