- Instruments Played: Voice, Piano, Tabla, Esraaj
- Spoken Languages: English, Thai, Punjabi, Hindi
- Works well with: Ages 6-99
- Teacher Personality Traits: Friendly, Calm, Problem solving, Positive attitude, Flexible in teaching methods, Medium/high expectations, High energy, Fun, Patient
- Works well with Student Personality Traits: Low/High confidence, Low/high expectations, Perfectionist, Technique oriented, Eager for challenges, Calm, Energetic
Voice Teacher Information
Sahiba Arora was a student at the Mahidol University, College of Music in Bangkok, Thailand, the top music school in Thailand majoring in Western Classical Performance (Voice). She started singing Indian Classical music at the age of 6. At the age of 8, she learnt how to play the Indian drum called Tabla. She also learnt how to play Esraaj, an Indian stringed instrument when she was 12.
During her study, the College provided her various opportunities to perform on stage in musicals, plays, showcases, recitals, and annual concerts, including Beethoven No. 9 with the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra. In 2019, she got the chance to fly to Singapore to join the Vocal Star Music Talent and Competition.
In 2020, she reached the Semi Finals round of the 23rd SET Youth Music Competition. In 2022, she won first prize at Saints Got Talent which gave her the chance to represent her college at provincial finals; “Ontario’s Got Talent”! She has also gotten the chance to perform her first solo with the Windsor Symphony Orchestra in their upcoming March 2023 season.
She has experience teaching students of all ages for over 4 years now both in-home tutoring and in schools. Currently, Sahiba is enrolled and in the works of obtaining her Musical Theatre Performance advanced diploma at St. Clair College.
Free Music Lesson Consultation
Let's set aside a few moments to find the perfect
Ask about teacher recommendations, our other services like string changes, camps and group lessons, the process of learning an instrument, goals and expectations, learning paths for different instruments, our curriculum, performance opportunities, school updates, booking options, anything!